Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Experiential report during the campaign

Ma. Luisa B. De Veyra

BCR IV-1D

Experiential Report


“With money you can buy a house, but not a home;

A clock but not a time;

A bed but not sleep;

A book but not knowledge;

See a doctor but not a good health;

But a position but not respect;

Blood but not life;

Sex but not love;

Travel, BUT NOT EXPERIENCE.”


It was a wonderful experience to be part of a campaign that aimed to educate young individuals of what media literacy is. I even consider myself very blessed enough to have the program held at our school. My alumni, Makati High School. I felt like I was able to hit two birds at one stone: project completion and at the same time, to return to my sanctuary of knowledge.


It is where I started to mold my character as a person. It is where I learned to stand on my own. My groupmate didn’t know that as I became their tour guide and when we reached the old canteen, I remembered that it is where I worked as a part-time canteen personnel who is earning Php50.00 /day of work from 1 PM until 6 PM (which was after class). It is where I first tasted a “wage” after a hard day’s work. It is a place where I learned to become tough as a leader and soft as a writer (which is a tough secret). It is where I was able to know my strenghts and weaknesses, where I grew as an individual, competed as a student, developed as a person. It is where, my most valuable and precious experience…where kept as a treasure.


I am not saying these things to let everyone know what my struggles, joy and happiness where during high school, Im including these in my report because I never thought that the campaign will cogitate all these memories that I though will be kept in vain after our graduation.

With the campaign itself, I know that I wasn’t able to fulfill my duties as a member when it comes to group meeting (which I admit would be my weakest point since I’ve started paying taxes) but deep within me, I know that I gave my best ‘during’ the campaign and I am happy that I was able to accomplish my part at that time. I am also blessed (which I always am) when it comes to the people within the group whom I never heard said something against me (as far I as I know :D) especially with the things that I am not capable of doing (I know I am capable its just that….nah…I don’t want to reason out any further). :D


The best part? I am happy that I was given a chance to be one of the program host. It was fun!


Makati High School…It is where I found my friends, met my competitor who eventually became friends and first felt love (yeah, I just don’t look like I fell in love during that time but I always do –and I mean, Always). Polytechnic University of the Philippines, where I found my colleague, friends and pepole who shaped my maturity and who gave me a chance to go back to my alumni. I didn’t discuss much about the subject here – media literacy, because given na yan eh, content ba? Alam na natin na malaman yan! Gawang PUPian eh, Gawang BCR, Gawang IV-1D! May dapat pa bang talakayin diyan?


It was a wonderful experience. I was able to give my best, and I saw two worlds where I came from and where I am now leaving – from the world of being young, now at being a young adult and looking forward to be a matured individual (who’ll soon pay more taxes). Because of the campaign, I saw my self like a turtle, returning to the place where it first hatched.


It was another unforgettable experience that I will be treasure…for all the days of my life. Thank you Sir Mart, thank you for the schools who declined our first requests and thank you to the only One who allowed these things to merged and became a wonderful experience – to Him who deserve all the praises and Glory – The Most High, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
i'm passionate. in everything. Deep in my heart, i wanted to know what God wants me to accomplish here on earth. Just can't decipher His messages....haii...maybe my heart is not ready yet but I really want to. Don't know what the right move will be.

Share your story