Thursday, August 25, 2011

An Open Letter to My True Love

24 August 2011

I wrote this letter because I cannot contain the feelings that I have for You. Every day of my life, the feeling gets stronger. I’m sorry this is the only way to show You how I feel for You…for now.

I’ve been so blessed since I’ve met You in my life. Thank You for accepting me as I am. Thank You for loving me wholeheartedly. I feel so special in Your eyes. You always give me the best of everything.

You are always there when I’m happy, when I’m sad, when I needed someone to talk to. Yes, You are always there- especially in the darkest moments of my life. I haven’t heard You complain though at times, I often forget to thank You for always being there. There are even times that I pour out my anger towards You yet You are still there to restore me and say “Everything is going to be alright.” You love me so much that Your anger lasts only for a moment but Your favor lasts for a lifetime.

Thank You for healing my wounded heart and for helping me move on from my shattered past. If my heart wasn’t broken, I would never have met You. Life without You would be unbearable or should I say, unimaginable.

You complete me. You are the missing piece in this puzzling life that I’ve been searching for every single day. I never felt any insecurity when I’m with You because all I feel is being perfect in Your eyes. The perfect skin, the perfect hair, and the perfect smile. I never felt so beautiful since I met You especially when You said that I am wonderfully made. Every time we have some quite time (and I’m sorry, I know I should spend quite time with You every day), I feel home because You are home for me, and I know that one day, I will be with You in the perfect place that You have prepared for me.

I’ll take this chance to tell You that I really feel so protected in Your arms. I always remember the time when I was in the mountains during one of the journeys in my life, seeking answers to my questions, I was baffled, I want to go home, but I can’t cross the mountains and I don’t know what to do. I thought I can change my destiny but what happened was reversed, my destiny changed me. I thought I was all alone (because I really chose to be alone thinking that nobody understands me except for myself) but You were there! My focus is on the mountains, I never notice Your presence, and that You were behind me and said, “I know You’re tired, come, Trust me, My love will never fail You.” I hated my life and yelled “I don’t need You!” but then You gently replied “I will never leave You, even if you want to.” These words crushed my stone cold heart. I kept the faith because of You, until now, I’m keeping it. It never failed me. Your encouragement and Your presence enabled me to cross “the mountains”.

I gave up and let You lead the way. Things are getting better now. If I only allowed You to lead the way earlier, I never would have had the bruises from that journey. But no regrets, because I learned… I learned and felt how much You care for me and now I realized how much I needed You. Today, I can still remember it because of the scars but I can no longer remember the pain that it brought me… and it’s all because of You.

I always pray that every day of my life, every thought, emotion and action that I have would be all because of You.

Thank You for changing my heart. Thank You for loving me.

You are the father that I’ve always wanted. The brother that I never had and the lover that I always searched for.

Life without You can never be called life and I always want for You to allow me to serve You with every single breath that I have.

I love You Jesus, My only Lord and Savior.

Malou

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
i'm passionate. in everything. Deep in my heart, i wanted to know what God wants me to accomplish here on earth. Just can't decipher His messages....haii...maybe my heart is not ready yet but I really want to. Don't know what the right move will be.

Share your story